ANNOTATED FILIOQUE RESOURCES
Disclaimer: We make no ultimate endorsement of any site, book, article, or other resource here. We do not endorse, in any case, any particular group, person, or source of a resource. At the same time, we freely list and annotate resources we may have serious qualms about – we don’t accept the fallacy of guilt by association – nor does any rational creature.
What’s Coming …
This page will ultimately consist of annotated links and reviews. In other words, it will be more than simply our version of search engine results and closer to a set of restaurant reviews and commentary on sites, books, and other resources dealing with the filioque.
Works by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell
- Some Theological and Cultural Implications of the Filioque Doctrine: Part 1 and Part 2 (Orthodox Tradition) — Apologies, but we don’t yet have a copy of part 1.
- Orthodoxy and the Continuum: Part 1 and Part 2 (The Old Believer)
- The Mosaic Soliloquies: A historical fiction serial in the form of poetic soliloquies. Visit the MYTHOLOG serial archives and scroll down to find these works. Or start with a historical introduction to this serial.
- The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit by Patriarch Photios
- Free Choice in Saint Maximus the Confessor
- The Disputation With Pyrrhus of Our Father Among the Saints Maximus the Confessor
- God, History, and Dialectic (4 volumes, including apparatus) – Book format, University seminar format, and (coming soon) CD/DVD-ROM E-book format. Meanwhile, here’s the Prolegomena to God, History, and Dialectic or see the GHD group.
THE MOSAIC SOLILOQUIES
A historical fiction serial in the form of poetic soliloquies. Visit the MYTHOLOG serial archives and scroll down to find these works. Or start with a historical introduction to this serial.
OTHER FILIOQUE SITES
Thomas Valentine’s site (We haven’t reviewed this extensively. However, there is some interesting material in the works there.)
Marina Robb’s site (Not reviewed extensively).
Energetic Procession (Not reviewed extensively)
UNSORTED ECUMENISM LINKS
Angels are the light of monks and monks the light of laymen
- Open Letter to Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople from: All the Representatives to the common Synaxis and Superiors of the twenty Holy Monasteries of the Holy Mountain of Athos
- Confession of Faith to Patriarch Bartholmew of Constantinople from: All Representatives and Presidents of the Twenty Sacred Monasteries of the Holy Mountain of Athos
- Memorandum on the Dialogue Between the Orthodox and Non-Chalcedonian Churches from: The Sacred Community of Mount Athos
- Announcement at the Extraordinary Joint Conference: All of the superiors and representatives of the twenty sacred and pious monasteries of the Holy Mountain of Athos
- The Three Sorrowful Epistles of: +Metropolitan PHILARET (ROCOR)
- First Sorrowful Epistle: +Metropolitan PHILARET (ROCOR) mirror
- Second Sorrowful Epistle: +Metropolitan PHILARET (ROCOR)
- Orthodoxy & Heterodoxy
- What is Heresy? from a HOCNA site. See particularly, the Encyclicals, Papers, & Articles section
- The Anathemas as Acts of Love This site, unfortunately, also bears a pernicious, thoughtless, and slanderous article against Fr. Seraphim Rose, a man whose piety is beyond question, and this by a beloved priest who also has written sorrowful things concerning St. Augustine. Lord have mercy and, by the prayers of each of these, save me the sinner.
- The Filioque: the Vital Orthodox Understanding of the Procession of the Holy Spirit
- The Filioque: Truth or Trivia? Fr. Michael Azkoul – this is from hocna.org. See particularly, their Defense of the Faith section
- St. Theodore of Studios on the Sacred Canons and Schism
- The Difference Between Orthodox Spirituality and Other Confessions Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos from orthodoxfaith.com — see especially the articles on ecumenism
Fr. Patrick Ranson (HOCNA)